This is the blog of Dr. Curt Bonk, Professor at Indiana University and President of CourseShare (there are NO Guest Blogs and NO advertisements permitted).

Links
Dr. Bonk's Home Page
TrainingShare
PublicationShare

Bonk's Emerging Learning Technologies course

Video Primers in an Online Repository for e-Teaching and Learning (V-PORTAL)

Click here for information about my recent book, MOOCs and Open Education Around the World.

Bloggers I follow
My reading list
Open Interview Tonight December 3rd with Steve Hargadon on "The World is Open" Book
Thursday, December 03, 2009
Well, looks like 8 pm EST tonight (Thursday), Steve Hargadon will interview me about my "The World Is Open" book for 30 minutes with 15-30 minutes of Q&A to follow. To join in, click here: Elluminate.

According to Steve, "The Elluminate room will be open up to 30 minutes before the event if you want to come in early. To make sure that your computer is configured for Elluminate, please visit support. Recordings of the session will be posted within a day of the event."

Steve has quite a line-up this year: James Paul Gee, Daniel Pink, Tim Magner, David Thornburg, Dennis Littky on Big Picture Schools, Patti Schank, Howard Rheingold, Allan Collins, Larry Cuban, Danah Boyd, John Seely Brown, Maya Frost, Chris Dede, and there were some Flat Classrooms connections to talks of Don Tapscott and Thomas Friedman. As an aside, the Flat Classrooms project is from my friends, Vicki Davis and Julie Lindsay. This fall their Flat Classrooms project is analyzing my World is Open book. I did a short and fun (and fast and furious) YouTube video of the entire 170,000 word book for them in like 8 or 9 minutes a couple of months ago. Last month Don Tapscott and I did a couple of videos for the Flat Classrooms project as well (see Part 1 and Part 2). They featured his Grown Up Digital book last year.

When I look at the line-up Steve has assembled for his Future of Education Webinars, all I can say is wow! I am honored to be asked. It is interesting how the Web can connect someone like Steve (and all the people who listen in to his shows) to so many talented people around the planet. Anyone can now teach anything to anyone else at any time.

More information on tonight is available at his website. Hope you can attend tonight and enjoy it or view the archive.
Subscribe to the TravelinEdMan podcast
  posted by Curt Bonk @ 2:09 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Curt Bonk
Home: Bloomington, Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a former accountant and CPA and a former educational psychologist. I am now Professor of IST at Indiana University and also adjunct in the School of Informatics. I founded and later sold SurveyShare. As president of CourseShare, LLC, I run around the world training instructors to teach online and give motivational talks about emerging learning technologies. I also write and edit books related to e-learning and blended learning. See bio and vita.

See my complete profile

Click here for information about my recent book, The World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education.

Visit the Indiana University Home Page of E-Learning Expert Curtis J. Bonk.

Recent Posts
Archives
Popular Posts
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER